Vision of Curriculum and Instruction Department
SEI’s mission is to provide industry-leading technical training and expertise in renewable energy to empower people, communities, and businesses worldwide. Since 1991, SEI has provided training for all levels of professionals within the solar electric industry; whether a person is new to the industry or wants to expand their skills—from grid-tied to battery-based to O&M, from residential to utility-scale to microgrids. The Curriculum and Instruction Department is responsible for ensuring that our online, in-person, hands-on, and contract trainings are industry-leading and delivered to SEI’s standards in the appropriate language.
Purpose of Director of Curriculum and Instruction
To fulfill this vision, the Director of Curriculum and Instruction ensures that the Department has the resources and direction that it needs to develop new curriculum for our general public and contract trainings, update over 500 hours of existing curriculum, and maintain state-of-the-art content and quality in solar training. This position ensures that the presentation of the curriculum maintains SEI’s standards and is taught by experienced instructors who uphold SEI’s vision. As the Director of the Curriculum and Instruction Department, this position ensures that budgets and deadlines are met and represents the team at the Operating Committee through a two-way communication flow. Additionally, this position plays a key role in curriculum development.
This is a full-time, salaried position that is based remotely. Approximately half of the time will be managing the team and the other half of the time will be developing curriculum. This position will supervise SEI’s curriculum developers (currently six, plus project-specific subject-matter experts), Workshop Coordinator, Director of Online Learning, Online Course Manager, and the Solar in the Schools Manager.
This position will co-instruct one online and in-person training each year.
- Represent Curriculum and Instruction Department in Operating Committee meetings
- Ensure a two-way flow of communication between the Department and the Operating Committee
- Report on the Department’s work-plan and budget
- Uphold the organization’s vision and strategic plan and develop a plan for how their department achieves these goals
- Liaison with Lab Yard Manager, Student Services Team, Business Development Managers, and Contract Training Manager
- Create and update the Department’s annual work-plan and priorities, and oversee and coordinate Department members’ schedules to effectively accomplish annual goals
- Update existing and develop new curriculum in conjunction with the team
- Work with the Department to ensure that ongoing deadlines and priorities are clear and workflow processes are followed
- Complete annual reviews and contracts for Department members
- Modify, create, and implement work-flow processes for Paonia-based and remote team members
- Oversee document archival and storage processes
- Schedule, create agenda for, and moderate Department meetings, and participate in sub-committees as required
- Assist with the planning for SEI’s annual PV instructor training
- Assist with planning conference curriculum and instruction, and represent SEI at industry conferences
- Ensure IREC and DPOS requirements are met and assist with yearly renewal documentation
- Coordinate Curriculum Development Team involvement with SEI Engineering and Professional Services contracts
- Develop relationships with potential industry partners, donors, and contractors
- Develop and manage annual department budget and review and submit Department members’ timesheets and invoices
- Develop and update portfolio of content that can be offered as contract trainings
- Keep a pulse on the wellness, efficiency, and needs of the Department
Preferred skills and abilities
- Five years experience managing technical teams of at least 10 people, especially of remote workers
- Two years training or experience in adult education, both in-person and online
- Two years experience in solar industry
- Ability to travel up to 15% of the year, including to Paonia, Colorado, and to conferences
- Excellent written, verbal, and organizational skills
- Ability to communicate efficiently with co-workers via email and Skype
- Working knowledge of Spanish language is preferred but not required
- Experience and expertise using MS PowerPoint and MS Office, Adobe Illustrator, CAD, Google drive and other industry-specific software
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in related field
Salary and benefits:
Salary dependent on experience. Additional benefits include health insurance, paid time-off, and a retirement package.
Applications due July 21, 2017, with a start date of approximately early September. To apply, please submit a cover letter, resume, and three references letter in one combined PDF to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The post SEI Job Opportunity: Director of Curriculum and Instruction appeared first on Solar Training – Solar Installer Training – Solar PV Installation Training – Solar Energy Courses – Renewable Energy Education – NABCEP – Solar Energy International (SEI).
from Raymond Castleberry Blog http://raymondcastleberry.blogspot.com/2017/06/sei-job-opportunity-director-of.html